This biodegradable cardboard picnic table is light yet sturdy, and comes with paper plates, wooden cutlery sets, napkins and a cardboard carry case with handle.
Just because you’re having a picnic, barbecue or garden party, doesn’t mean that it has to involve leaving lots of litter everywhere. Use these ideas to still enjoy your special day, but keep the planet and wildlife safe.
- Take all your empties with you, for recycling. If you smoke, Boodi personal ashtray safely extinguish butts, to prevent wildfires.
- Use wicker baskets and a gingham tablecloth and reusable sandwich wraps, to avoid clingfilm. Keep food covered to deter wasps and ants, and keep ‘toxic people food’ away from dogs like cooked bones.
- A Slice of Green Organic Cotton Sandwich Wrap secures with a Velcro fastening. Just unfold, pop the sandwich in the middle, fold up and secure. Unfolded, it doubles as a plate or mat. Lie flat to dry. Due to the water-resistant PUL liner, wash in a microplastic catch bag.
Wheat Straw Picnic Cutlery
This wheat straw picnic cutlery is made from leftover wheat, which may otherwise be burnt. The pocket-size set is ideal for eating on the go, and includes a fork, spoon and chopsticks, along with its own handy travel case.
This recycled plastic picnic backpack (wipe-clean only) is made from recycled polyester, and features 2 eco-aware custom patches, and an olive green design. Ideal for days out, the backpack has a fully insulated main compartment, wipe-clean interior and zippered front pocket with organiser sections. It features padded adjustable shoulder straps and webbing carry handles. Recycled tissue gift wrap included, tie with natural twine and a small wooden seasonal item.
This eco-friendly picnic set is completely plastic-free. The set is made from plants, to fully compost after use. At end of use, you can even just pop it all in the prepaid envelope, and send it back to them, no need to wash as the food composts too. The set includes compostable plates, cutlery and cups, to take on a mountain of food and drink, for all the family. The set includes:
- 20 biodegradable compostable plates
- 20 biodegradable compostable cutlery sets (knives, forks & spoons)
- 20 biodegradable compostable cups
- A pair of eco-friendly disposable grills
- Eco-friendly kitchen roll
Emile O’Connor’s bamboo tableware is beautifully designed, and biodegrades at end of use, although it should last you years. Ideal for outdoor eating and picnics, everything is sustainably sourced. The range includes separate items or dinnerware sets, and and bamboo fibre cups, salad bowls and lunch boxes.
Bamboo is a fast-growing grass (not the same as fresh shoots eaten by pandas). It is naturally anti-bacterial and can be composted or biodegraded, at end of life. Dishwasher-safe, the sets mostly contain a large salad bowl with bamboo chopping board lid and servers alongside 4 plates and cups, all in a beautiful gift box.
This Palm Leaf Eco Picnic Tableware Set is ideal for a party of 6, for outdoor fun and fizz. Note that this set is made from fallen palm leaves (not the same as palm oil). This deluxe set is an alternative to plastic party plates, and perfect for social gatherings. The set includes:
- 6 round palm leaf plates
- 2 palm leaf grazing platters with 6 compartments
- 6 round palm leaf bowls
- 2 small snack bowls
- 2 large salad bowls
- 6 sets of Victorian cutlery
- 2 kraft noodle boxes
- 3 kraft containers with lid
- 2 kraft pop-up boxes
- 25 bamboo cocktail sticks
- 6 white biodegradable paper cups
- 6 biodegradable PLA wine glasses
- 1 pack of biodegradable 3-ply napkins with floral daisy design, printed with water-based inks.
- 25 paper straws in assorted colours.
At end of use, just add everything to your compost bin, to biodegrade.