Live a simpler life, if you are feeling frazzled with modern living. Turn off the TV and ad-noise, sit down with a nice cup of tea, and read one of these beautiful books.
- The Beauty of an Uncluttered Soul is a beautiful 9-week devotional to help simplify your life, and produce the soul qualities you are seeking, by allowing God’s spirit to work through you. When the world seems chaotic, extreme and out of control, we sometimes year for order and simplicity, to gain a sense of peace and purpose. Give up scrolling social media or reading best-selling ‘self-help’ books, and discover a better way to transform your life.
- Less is More is a book about finding joy in a simpler life. Discover the art of finding more through having less: More time, More calm, More energy, More money. This book is filled with practical tips and ideas, to guide you towards a simpler way of life. Learn how to reduce your clutter, stress, schedule and make time for what matters.
- Lightly is a beautiful book by an American minimalist (who used to live in London). This goes beyond ‘decluttering’ to look at ways to let go of unwanted thoughts and actions. Whether you want to overhaul your home or just gain an hour or two, learn to lighten whatever is weighing you down.
- Zen: The Art of Simple Living is a beautiful little hardback book with gorgeous brush illustrations, by a Japanese Zen monk (and landscape gardener). Just open a page to find one of 100 snack-size ways to clear your thinking, and worry less about what you can’t control.
- The Minimalist Vegan is a nice little book by a professional writer and his wife (a vegan chef). This is a why-to book on living with less stuff, to respect the planet and all creatures. Their hope is that by the end, you can architect your life in a way that brings purpose and joy to each day.
Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering. Winnie the Pooh
Blogs to Inspire a Simpler Life
- Imperfect Journey to Zero is a gorgeous new blog by a digital nomad (who designs lovely blog themes – visit Code + Coconut). Find nice posts on how to go zero waste at your own pace, with a friendly helping hand. There are good posts here on grocery shopping.
- Zero Waste Doc is a blog by a London medical doctor, who shows how to be a minimalist, even if you live a busy life in the city. Also a Christian and climate activist.
- Just a Little Less is one of the nicest simple living blogs in England. Claire is interested in minimalism for the real world, and believes it can improve your quality of life, rather than take things away from it. Think nature, home cooking, family time, interiors and clothes.