These mouse-friendly alternatives to Botox can help to smooth out lines, without harming little cutie mice. This is because as a medical product, Botox is exempt from the animal-testing ban (by law, each fresh batch is tested on mice). It’s also expensive, hurts and makes your face look frozen. The other choice is to love yourself as you are. But if you are bothered by wrinkles, here are ethical alternatives that mice will thank you for!
Face Workouts for Beginners offers simple exercises without equipment, to maintain firm skin and reduce deep lines, sagging tin and tired appearance.
Also read Yoga to the Rescue: Ageless Beauty. This beautiful and funny book includes beauty yoga poses, including eye exercises, and tips to make you beautiful within, which makes you beautiful without!
- Upcircle Organic Face Serum is made with coffee grounds, from London cafes. It also contains jojoba, sea buckthorn and rosehip (to reduce irritation & age spots) and is scented with oils of geranium, rose & lemon. Pop the lid in your recycling bag, save the dropper and order a refill aluminium cap.
- Cosmetic acupuncture is safer than Botox. If you can’t find or afford it, read Your Best Face Now, a 20-day acupressure course by a beautician.
- Essentially Yours is a beauty brand founded by this 64-year old woman, who has never used Botox. These oils can look after skin naturally.
- Biotulin (Germany) is a fragrance-free vegan gel, made with local anaesthetic extracted from Acmella Oleracea. With no side effects, it’s sold (no prescription) at registered pharmacies (one drop leaves skin firmer for up to 24 hours).
- Frownies are facial patches to stick on your skin, using corn-based adhesive. Used by Hollywood stars for decades, these are made from kraft paper. They give a temporary fix to fix muscles in place for the eyebrows and under the eyes (lasts a few hours).
Face Fitness is a book of simple exercises for glowing skin. No need for mouse-tested Botox these exercises will offer the same results, no equipment or products needed. Author Patricia San Pedro is a skin beauty vlogger who specialises in self-care workshops. The how-to illustrations include 50 easy exercises including
- Lip Plump
- Bright Eyes
- Jawline Squeeze
- Cheek Squeeze
The Face Yoga Journal can be started anytime and then used for 52 weeks, encouraging self-care. With Danielle by your side, she offers a new exercise each week, a weekly wellness hack and a chance to set yourself goals at the week’s end. It takes just 2 minutes a day to fill in the journal and do the exercise. There are 52 exercises in the journal with a full explanation of what Face Yoga is, and how to do it.