The Art of Vegan Cheesemaking is a beautifully written and photographed e-book by one of the world’s most popular vegan recipe bloggers. Thomas lives in France and his vegan cheese recipes often go viral around the world. This book contains all his favourite vegan cheese recipes, alongside recipes that can be made that use them. And it’s free to download! Some of these cheeses are made with mould, so avoid for pregnancy and medical conditions.
The book includes 8 exclusive vegan cheese recipes that have not been released anywhere else, and a wine pairing guide for each cheese. You’ll also find an introduction to vegan cheesemaking alongside 30 questions/answers for troubleshooting. At over 100 pages, this is the best deal of the year. There are recipes for:
- Cambozola – similar to blue and camembert cheeses, with a white rind and blue vines.
- Pouligny – similar to goat cheese, this is firm outside and creamy inside, piquant
- Ricotta – this is a light fluffy air cream cheese, made wtih cashew milk
- Shropshire Blue – a bright orange nutty cheese that is sweeter than blue cheese, good for salads.
- Farmstead Camembert – a strong stinky cheese that is creamy and strong, with a piquant aftertaste. Not mild!
- Smoked Ricotta – soft and airy, ideal to top pizza
- Mont d’Or – a washed-rind cheese aged in a spruce bark, with a soft sticky orange rind and earthy flavours of mushrooms and hazelnut
- Saint-Albus is a mild cheese with a grey mould. Super creamy with a buttery flavour (on the cover above).
The 10 recipes that feature the vegan cheeses include:
- Swiss Fondue
- Mac & Blue Cheese
- Ricotta Pancakes