These zero waste aftershave balms are ideal, if you like to wear aftershave or aftershave balms. Conventional aftershaves may contain animal ingredients (civet, musk, ambergris, mink or ambergris from whales). Some contain rosewood oil, from a critically endangered tree. Natural perfumes are made with biodegradable ingredients and tend to charge for the scents, rather than packaging and ads.
Never spray aftershave or perfume near pets or children (air rooms before allowing them back in the room- essential oils can harm cats, birds, ferrets and reptiles in particular). Avoid aftershaves for allergies, and keep away from direct sunlight.
- Balade en Provence Calming Post-Shave Balm in a solid bar, enriched with nourishing cocoa butter and plant oils, to soothe and protects skin. This solid all-natural balm can be used after shaving, to help reduce discomfort and moisturise dry skin.
- Eden Perfumes (Brighton) recreate favourite colognes using natural vegan ingredients, and offer a re-fill service. No.168 is a take on Paco Rabanne’s ‘Invictus’ – featuring grapefruit & sea water, patchouli & guaiac wood.
Bare & Bond Aftershave (also in a set of Mini Aftershaves) contains 3 vegan perfumes in easy-to-recycle packaging. The kit includes Louis (cadamom, clove, cumin, orange flower, vegan white musk and French sage), Oxford (oudh, amber, vanilla, vetiver, jasmine, cashmere) and Dark Queen (bergamot, tonka, raspberry, oudh, blackcurerant, plum, labdanum and musk).
Dolma Vegan Aftershaves
Dolma Perfumes (Nottinghamshire) were developed by a vegan chemist, and offers perfume, eau de parfum, trial packs and gifts. You can also buy reusable tops to use for your next order. And the company sells a nice range of vegan aftershave balms too.
- Freedom has accents of lavender enhanced with crushed mint and layered with cinnamon leaf extract on a wood base of cedarwood, patchouli and vetiver
- Imagine is a dark earthy scent with green violet leaves, juicy pineapple tones and dry ambers.
- Sirius opens on accents of artemisia oil around bergamot and bay laurel tones, with a heart of geranium leaves spiced up by carnation and cinnamon, on a wood base of pine needle, patchouli and amber.
- Kwame means ‘man born on a Saturday’. with refreshing bergamot and lemon splash on a lightly spiced heart of nutmeg. You should not spray aftershave near pets anyway, but don’t wear this one near pets, as nutmeg can be toxic if inhaled.